Top services outsourced by senior living organizations
In a recent Ziegler poll of senior living CFOs, 83.3% said their communities outsource rehabilitation and therapy services for residents.
Outsourcing rehabilitation and therapy services is popular among senior living organizations, according to a recent poll by specialty investment bank Ziegler.
Of the 143 chief financial officers and financial professionals throughout the country responding to the July Ziegler CFO Hotline poll, 83.3% said their communities outsource such services for residents. Respondents mentioned 41 different companies.
Among the poll's other findings:
- 93.7% said they contract with physicians. Of them, 84.6% solely use contracted physicians, and 9.09% use a combination of employed and contracted physicians.
- 35.7% of respondents volunteered that they outsource dining / food services.
- 25% said that an external company or companies provide home health services to residents. Of them, 17% use a preferred provider or a sister company or are in a joint venture, and another 9% have residents choose the home care companies providing services.
- 16.1% of poll participants mentioned that they outsource facilities, defined as plant management, security and grounds care.
- 14.3% offered that they outsource office work such as marketing, payroll, finance and information technology services.
- 12.5% said they have an external company handle laundry and housekeeping.
Nearly 67% of respondents were from single-site organizations and 33% were from multisite organizations.