AMDA announces 2016-2017 Board of Directors
Susan M. Levy, M.D., C.M.D., has been named president of the AMDA–The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine Board of Directors for 2016-2017. She is medical director of Harbor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center in Lewes, DE.
Other members of the 2016-2017 AMDA Board of Directors:
- President-elect: Heidi K. White, M.D., M.H.S., M.Ed., C.M.D., medical director at Croasdaile Village retirement community and an associate professor of medicine at Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC.
- Vice president: Cari R. Levy, M.D., Ph.D., C.M.D., associate director of veteran-centered and value-based research, and director of palliative care at the Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- Immediate past president: Naushira Pandya, M.D., C.M.D., professor and chairwoman of the Department of Geriatrics at Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Chairwoman, House of Delegates: Suzanne Gillespie, M.D., R.D., C.M.D., associate professor of medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY. She also is medical director of the Community Living Center in the geriatrics extended care line of the Canandaigua Veterans Affairs Medical Center, where she is a lead physician of the palliative medicine and hospice care program and lead physician for patient safety.
- Secretary: David A. Nace, M.D., M.P.H., C.M.D., chief of medical affairs, UPMC Senior Communities; medical director for Asbury Heights, a multilevel campus; and associate professor of medicine and director, LTC and influenza programs, division of geriatric medicine, University of Pittsburgh.
- Treasurer: Arif Nazir, M.D., C.M.D., chief medical officer, Signature HealthCARE, Louisville, KY.
State Presidents Council representatives to the board:
- Thomas Lehner, M.D., C.M.D., a practitioner in Cleveland.
- Jeffrey N. Nichols, M.D., C.M.D., of New York City, medical director of two large skilled nursing facilities, two adult day care programs and three home care programs.
- Mary P. Evans, M.D., CM.D., of Charlottesville, VA, a full-time post-acute and long-term care physician, medical director of a nursing facility and a community hospice program, and corporate medical director of a national PALTC company.
Board representatives, House of Delegates:
- Michele Bellantoni, M.D., C.M.D., associate professor and clinical director of the division of geriatric medicine and gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore.
- Kevin W. O'Neil, M.D., C.M.D., of Sarasota, FL. medical director, Brookdale Senior Living.
- Wayne Saltsman, M.D., Ph.D., C.M.D., is the chief of the section of geriatrics and transitional care for Lahey Health, chairman of the Burlington (VT) Board of Health, an assistant professor of medicine at Tufts Medical School and a governor appointee to the Board of Registration for Nursing Home Administrators.
AMDA also revealed a new logo and website at its 2016 annual meeting.