ASHA names executive committee members
Lawrence A. Cohen
Lawrence A. Cohen, CEO and vice chairman of Capital Senior Living, has been elected chairman of the American Seniors Housing Association by the group's executive board, the organization announced Feb. 23.
Others elected to ASHA's executive committee:
- Vice chairman: Michael S. Grust, CEO of Senior Resource Group
- Treasurer: David J. Freshwater, chairman of Watermark Retirement Communities
- Secretary: Bradley E. Dubin, principal, director of acquisitions and general counsel for Bloom Senior Living, and principal of Kandu Capital
- Seniors Housing Political Action Committee Chairwoman: Mercedes Kerr, senior vice president of marketing at Welltower
- President: David S. Schless, ASHA president
All will serve two-year terms.
Based in Washington, DC, ASHA represents more than 400 companies that are involved in the finance, development and operation of the full spectrum of housing for seniors – from senior apartments and independent living to assisted living, memory care and life plan/continuing care retirement communities.