LeadingAge launches senior advocacy program
Older adults will be trained to serve as public policy advocates under a new collaboration between LeadingAge and the Volunteers of America.
The Seniors Action Network, or SAN, also will recruit and train older adults to help increase public awareness of issues by sharing stories of how current policies are affecting their lives.
The initiative will focus on:
- Production and preservation of affordable senior housing.
- Establishment of sustainable financing for long-term services and supports.
- Protection of sufficient funding for resident programs and services.
- Support of community-based independence for seniors.
- Removal of barriers to Medicare and Medicaid.
Visit the SAN web page for additional information.