NCAL elects new chair, board members
Chris Mason, NCAL chair
Chris Mason of Oregon is the new chair of the National Center for Assisted Living Board of Directors. Current members of the NCAL Board and NCAL state leaders or their proxies elected new officers and members Oct. 7 on the last day of the annual American Health Care Association/NCAL convention.
Mason is the president and CEO of Senior Housing Managers, which operates assisted living communities, residential care communities and nursing centers in Oregon and Washington. His career in long-term care spans 30 years.
Mason was elected to NCAL's board in 2006 and is an active member of the American College of Health Care Administrators. He also will serve as the NCAL representative on AHCA's board.
"From large company representatives to independent owners and operators, the members of the NCAL Board have deep expertise and vision,” NCAL Executive Director Scott Tittle said in a statement. “We look forward to working collectively with them to best serve our members and move the assisted living profession forward.”
The remaining members of the NCAL Board of Directors:
- Ashley Blankenship of Arkansas, vice chair
- Helen Crunk of Nebraska, secretary-treasurer
- Patricia (Pat) Giorgio of Iowa, immediate past chair
- David Chensvold of Iowa, at-large representative
- Michele DeClemente-Hughes of New Jersey, at-large representative
- Lee Field of Washington, at-large representative
- Denise German of Kansas, at-large representative
- Gerald Hamilton of New Mexico, at-large representative
- Steven Heaney of New Jersey, at-large representative
- Jeanne Jaeckels of Minnesota, at-large representative
- Carmy Jerome of Colorado, at-large representative
- Mark Maxfield of Idaho, at-large representative
- Ed McMahon of Virginia, at-large representative
- Sean Mockbee of Arizona, at-large representative
- Steve Schrunk of Florida, at-large representative
- Laurie Shepard of Michigan, at-large representative
- Michael Wylie, AHCA vice chair
- Dirk Anjewierden of Utah, ASHCAE vice president
- Heath Boddy of Nebraska, ASHCAE representative
- Shawn Scott, ABM representative.
The newly elected chair of the AHCA board, Tom Coble of Oklahoma, will serve as an ex-officio member on the NCAL Board.