Wilsonville, OR-based Avamere Family of Companies is combining its three individual entities into one post-acute and community-based healthcare system, the organization announced Wednesday.
The components of that system — Avamere Living, Infinity Rehab and Signature Healthcare At Home — will be overseen by executive and business division leadership teams in a matrix organizational structure. They will manage and lead the business operations, strategic priorities and support services.
“We need to change internally to meet the demands of a growing and transforming healthcare system,” Chief Operations Officer Bob Thomas said. “Our customers deserve a seamless experience during this process.”
Founded in 1995, the Avamere Family of Companies provides assisted living, independent living, memory care, rehabilitation, home care, transitional care and other offerings. The organization operates approximately 60 communities and has more than 8,600 employees.
In addition to announcing that Thomas is now COO, the company made the following personnel announcements:
- Founder Rick Miller will remain chief executive officer
- Larry Lopardo will be the chief legal officer
- Ron Odermott will be the chief financial officer
- Ryan Haller is the chief development officer
- Mike Billings is the executive vice president of Avamere, Ancillaries
- Matt Hilty is the executive vice president of Avamere, Communities
- Donna Mueller is now the executive vice president of Avamere, Strategy and Network Development
- JoLynn Munro is now the Infinity Rehab division president
- Mary Kofstad takes the helm of Signature Healthcare at Home as division president
- Nicolette Merino assumes the role of Ovation division president
- Brad Litle becomes the division president for skilled nursing facilities
- A division president for community-based care will be named soon
“This is an exciting time for the Avamere Family of Companies,” Miller said. “With this new organizational structure, our company will be able to more effectively uphold our mission, core values, quality initiatives, growth, our level of care and social responsibility.”