Five senior living communities have been recognized by Argentum with 2019 Senior Living by Design awards. The annual awards program honors architects, design firms and senior living providers.
The new winners:
- Arbor Terrace Fulton, an assisted living and memory care community in Fulton, MD (The Arbor Co./Capitol Seniors Housing)
- Belmont Village Lincoln Park, an assisted living and memory care community in Chicago (Belmont Village Senior Living)
- Brightview Shelton, an independent living, assisted living and memory care community in Shelton, CT (Brightview Senior Living)
- The Colonnade, a community offering independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing in Surprise, AZ (Sun Health Communities)
- Sunrise at Silas Burke House, an assisted living and memory care community in Burke, VA (Sunrise Senior Living)
The five winning communities reflect their surroundings and blend into the history and culture of their locations, according to Argentum. The communities also exemplify trends blending design and wellness, such as halls and gardens built for walking, game rooms for socializing and lots of natural light.
Argentum received 34 nominations from across the country. Winners were selected by an independent panel of four judges from the architecture, design and senior living fields.
“The increased number of nominations we received this year speaks to the growing importance of design in a high-quality community,” Argentum President and CEO James Balda said in a statement. “Designers consciously incorporated ways to promote wellness and social interaction as well as to create harmonious places to live.”