Gerald Hamilton, owner of BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque in New Mexico, has been named chair of the National Center for Assisted Living Board of Directors for the 2021-2022 term. Hamilton also will serve as the NCAL representative on the American Health Care Association Board of Governors.
Phil Fogg of Marquis Companies, Oregon, was elected chair of the AHCA Board of Governors and will serve as the AHCA representative on NCAL’s board.
“We are thrilled to have Phil and Gerald as the chairs of our boards,” AHCA/NCAL President and CEO Mark Parkinson said. “They are incredible, influential leaders dedicated to seeing the industry through this challenging time, so we come out stronger, as well as providing the highest quality of care to our residents. I am confident they will do an amazing job leading our sector this next year.”
Hamilton, previously the board’s vice chair, has 35 years of experience in healthcare management as an assisted living community owner/operator, licensed nursing home administrator, regional manager of multiple nursing homes and consultant. After a career in nursing home administration in California, New Mexico and Colorado, he started his own business to construct and operate assisted living communities.
Officers on NCAL’s board:
- Vice chair: Mark Maxfield of The Cottages, Idaho (previously secretary/treasurer)
- Secretary/Treasurer: Sarah Silva of Avamere Health Services, Oregon
- Immediate past chair: Helen Crunk of Pemberly Place, Nebraska
- John Bolduc of Odd Fellows’ and Rebekahs’ Home of Maine
- Rod Burkett of Gardant Management Solutions, Illinois
- Megan Campbell of IntegraCare Corp., Pennsylvania
- Sue Coppola of Sunrise Senior Living, Virginia
- Ana de la Cerda of Aegis Living, Washington
- Todd Dockerty of Dockerty Health Care Services, Michigan
- Darryl Fisher of Mission Senior Living, Nevada
- Stacy Hejda of Assisted Living Partners, Iowa
- Esmerelda Lee of Century Park Associates, Tennessee
- Barbara Mitchell of Magnolia Manor, Georgia
- Gail Sheridan of Lifespark, formerly Tealwood Senior Living, Minnesota
- Elizabeth Wheatley of Benchmark Senior Living, Massachusetts
- Kristopher Woolley of Avista Senior Living, Arizona
- Phil Scalo of Bartley Healthcare, New Jersey, AHCA vice chair
Additional board members:
- Associate business member representative: Peter Corless of OnShift, Ohio
- State affiliate representative: Doug Farmer, Colorado Health Care Association
- ASHCAE vice president: David Voepel, Arizona Health Care Association
“We are incredibly fortunate for this year’s board members and their time and contribution to assisted living,” NCAL Executive Director LaShuan Bethea said. “Now more than ever, we need their leadership to guide us during these challenging years ahead, and looking at this group of individuals, I am truly excited about all they will accomplish for our profession.”
NCAL Board of Directors members are elected by current members of the NCAL board and by the NCAL state leaders. Both boards hold annual elections at the AHCA/NCAL Convention & Expo, which this year was Oct. 11 to 13 in Oxon Hill, MD.