Christian “Chris” Mason of Oregon was re-elected as chairman of the board of directors of the National Center for Assisted Living Wednesday at the annual meeting of the American Health Care Association / NCAL in Nashville, TN. It’s his second term.
New members to the NCAL Board of Directors include Veronica Sharpe of Washington, D.C., vice president of the affiliated state healthcare association executives (ASHAE), and at-large representative Gail Sheridan of Minnesota.
Also Wednesday, Tom Coble of Oklahoma was elected for a second term as chairman of the AHCA Board of Governors. Joining the AHCA board are not-for-profit representative Gary Kelso of Utah, ASHCAE representative Dirk Anjewierden of Utah and at-large board representative Janet Snipes of Colorado.
“We are proud to welcome this distinguished group of leaders to our respective boards,” AHCA/NCAL President and CEO Mark Parkinson said. “We face many challenges and opportunities in the coming year, and I believe that we can continue to deliver solutions for quality care under Tom and Chris’ leadership.”
Mason is the president and CEO of Senior Housing Managers, which operates assisted living, residential care communities and nursing centers in multiple states. Mason’s career in long-term care spans 30 years. He was elected to NCAL’s Board in 2006 and is an active member of the American College of Health Care Administrators.
Other members of NCAL’s Board of Directors continuing their service:
- Ashley Blankenship of Arkansas, vice chair
- Helen Crunk of Nebraska, secretary-treasurer
- Patricia “Pat” Giorgio of Iowa, immediate past chair
- Rod Burkett of Illinois, at-large representative
- David Chensvold of Iowa, at-large representative
- Michele DeClemente-Hughes of New Jersey, at-large representative
- Lee Field of Washington, at-large representative
- Gerald Hamilton of New Mexico, at-large representative
- Steven Heaney of New Jersey, at-large representative
- Carmy Jerome of Colorado, at-large representative
- Mark Maxfield of Idaho, at-large representative
- Ed McMahon of Virginia, at-large representative
- Sean Mockbee of Arizona, at-large representative
- Tom Reddy of Kansas, at-large representative
- Steve Schrunk of Florida, at-large representative
- Laurie Shepard of Michigan, at-large representative
- Michael Wylie, AHCA vice chair
- Heath Boddy of Nebraska, ASHCAE representative
- Kathleen Collins Pagels of Arizona, ASHCAE representative and
- Shawn Scott, associate business members’ representative.
“The diversity of assisted living professionals on the NCAL board is what helps make our association strong,” NCAL Executive Director Scott Tittle said. “We are honored they have chosen to share their expertise and leadership to move the assisted living profession forward.”
Members of the NCAL board are elected by current board members and by NCAL state leaders or their proxies annually at convention.