Send your personnel news to Lois Bowers at [email protected].
Claiborne names CFO, VP of sales, regional clinical director
Gloria Holland has been named chief financial officer at Hattiesburg, MS-based Claiborne Senior Living, which also has announced a new vice president of sales and regional director of clinical.
Holland is tasked with overseeing the management of all fiscal functions of the organization, including the senior living communities under Claiborne’s management. She will lead the strategic direction and management of the financial performance of Claiborne’s multiple affiliate business units.
Holland has more than 30 years as a financial executive in various industries, including healthcare, hospitality, banking and technology. She has almost two decades of senior housing leadership experience, including positions at Harmony Senior Services in Charlston, SC, and Capital Senior Living (now Sonida) in Dallas.
Joe Zukauskas has been named VP of sales. He will oversee the organization’s occupancy management efforts and tactics and work alongside the company’s regional support team and communities to ensure that they are optimizing all opportunities while still achieving desired business targets.
Zukauskas has occupied sales, marketing and operation roles at the community, regional, divisional and corporate levels for 23 years.
Jocquel Moore has been named regional director of clinical for the company’s Louisiana and Mississippi communities. She will work to ensure that the best practices and delivery systems are implemented to provide the best quality of life for residents and an engaging, rewarding environment for our team members.
Lifespace Communities names Brian Robbins COO
Brian Robbins joined West Des Moines, IA, and Dallas-based Lifespace Communities Dec 19 as chief operating officer.
Following a 13-year career in the US Navy, Robbins gained almost 20 years of senior living experience in a variety of positions of increasing responsibility, including human resources director, administrator, executive director, regional operations and COO roles.
Robbins earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting from Fort Hays State University and is a licensed administrator in Texas and Nebraska.
Aspenwood Company appoints two VPs
The Aspenwood Company, based in Houston, has named two new vice presidents.
Eric Varin joins the company as senior vice president of sales. He has more than 12 years of experience in sales in the seniors housing industry. Most recently, as vice president of partnerships at Sherpa, he contributed to established industry organizations such as OneDay, Allegro Senior Living and Benchmark Senior Living.
Anna Callender has joined the organization as vice president of operations. Callender’s previous positions include senior regional director of sales and regional director of operations for privately held and publicly traded seniors housing organizations.
Priority Life Care welcomes Heath Moody as corporate director of maintenance
Heath Moody has been named corporate director of maintenance at Fort Wayne, IN-based Priority Life Care.
Moody has more than 15 years of experience in both the commercial construction and oil and gas industries, serving clients through operations, business development, contracts and project management.
Moody received his business degree from the University of North Texas, where he also was a four-year letter winner on the football team and earned both athletic and academic all-conference honors.
Monarch Communities appoints Paul Ataide executive director in New York
Paul Ataide has been named executive director for Monarch Coopers Corner, an independent living, assisted living and memory care community scheduled to open in New Rochelle, NY, in early 2023.
Ataide brings more than 15 years of healthcare experience to his new position, including previous positions as an executive director at a senior living community in Westchester County, NY, and an associate executive director in Massachusetts.
Springpoint names Rita Dahl executive director in New Jersey
Rita Dahl has been announced as the new executive director of Springpoint Living at Manalapan, an assisted living and memory care community in Manalapan, NJ.
Dahl first joined Springpoint Living in 1989 and worked closely with residents at The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, in Red Bank, NJ, for more than 30 years.
She holds an undergraduate degree in health and human services from the University of Scranton.
Watercrest Buena Vista welcomes Jennifer Butler as executive director
Jennifer Butler has been announced as the new executive director of Watercrest Buena Vista, a Watercrest Senior Living Group independent living, assisted living and memory care community in The Villages in Florida.
Butler began her senior living career in 2003 as a senior living adviser. She became a licensed administrator and went on to operate home health agencies and in-home care agencies and lead independent living, assisted living and memory care communities, as well as skilled nursing facilities, as an executive director.
Anthem appoints Janet Donovan community relations director for Illinois community
Janet Donovan has been named community relations director for Harvester Place, an Anthem Memory Care community in Burr Ridge, IL.
Donovan brings more than 25 years of sales experience to her new position. She previously was resident sales counselor for Lexington Square of Elmhurst in Elmhurst, IL. She also formerly was community liaison for Open Arms Solutions home healthcare agency in Northbrook, IL.
Veronica Catoe to leave role of CEO at FALA
Veronica Catoe, CEO of the Florida Assisted Living Association, is departing the group at the end of January. Her predecessor, Shaddrick Haston, will return to serve as interim CEO until a permanent leader is hired.
Catoe has been FALA’s CEO since June 2019. She previously had been the group’s chief operating officer for two years.
She is leaving to become executive director of Medicaid Management Services, a Jacksonville, FL-based not-for-profit that assists older adults and people with disabilities in accessing services that address social determinants of health.
Haston was FALA’s CEO from 2014 to 2019. Prior to joining FALA, he was manager of the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration’s assisted living unit, responsible for the licensure of assisted living facilities, adult family care homes and adult day care centers for the state of Florida. He currently is a partner in the Ullman Bursa law firm in Tampa, FL, where he is a member of the senior living practice group focusing on representing assisted living communities, home health agencies and nursing homes in regulatory and administrative proceedings as well as in liability defense claims.
Vision Centre announces 30-member advisory council
Thirty industry experts and advocates have joined the Vision Centre Advisory Council. During their two-year appointments, they will provide specialized expertise and support the mission to build and strengthen relationships between universities and aging services providers.
The inaugural group:
- Ashante Abubakar, Argentum VP of workforce development
- Dan Carr, BHI Senior Living VP of operations
- John Cochrane, HumanGood president and CEO
- Peter Corless, Onshift EVP of enterprise development
- Andrea Devoti, National Association for Home Care & Hospice executive vice president
- Michelle Grachek, National Association of Long-Term Care Administrator Boards chief operating officer
- Dan Hermann, Ziegler Co. president and CEO
- Don Husi, independent consultant
- Jennifer Johs-Artisensi, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire professor and academic program director
- Lynne Katzmann, Juniper Communities founder and CEO
- Keith Knapp, Adult Programs at KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Office of the Secretary Senior Adviser
- Robert Kramer, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care founder and strategic adviser; founder, Nexus Insights
- Christy Kramer, LeadingAge VP of University Partnerships
- Bob Lane, American College of Health Care Administrators CEO
- Lisa McCracken, Ziegler Co. director of senior living research and development
- Paul Mullin, Flatiron Development Group principal
- Joel Nelson, Life Care Services president and CEO
- Travis Palmquist, PointClickCare senior vice president and general manager, senior care
- Amy Pisciotta, Ferguson Partners managing director
- Dana Ritchie, American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living associate vice president
- Tina Sandri, Forest Hills CEO
- David Schless, American Seniors Housing Association president and CEO
- Peter Schuna, Pathway Health Services CEO
- Daniel Schwartz, Elara chief strategy officer
- Loren Shook, Silverado president and CEO
- John Spooner, Greystone Communities co-CEO
- Robyn Stone, LeadingAge executive director, Center for Applied Research
- Nancy Swanger, Washington State University Carson College of Business associate dean; founding director, Granger Cobb Institute for Senior Living
- Shay VanEyll, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student
- David Wolf, Lynn University chair and professor
The center is committed to creating 25 university and college programs and 1,000 paid internships with senior housing, care and service providers; associations; and industry partners.
Send your personnel news to Lois Bowers at [email protected]. High-quality color headshots are welcome but not required.