J&M Family Management names Mandi Grimes vice president of sales, marketing
Mandi Grimes has been hired as vice president of sales and marketing at J&M Family Management, a family-owned operator of Autumn Leaves memory care assisted living communities.
In her new role, she will oversee the development and management of the company’s sales and marketing programs, which includes an enhanced focus on sales training and best practices, lead generation and successful conversion tactics, as well as driving multi-channel digital marketing growth.
A 15-year veteran of the senior living industry, Grimes most recently was vice president of sales and marketing for Senior Star. Before that, she worked for Brookdale Senior Living, where she rose through the ranks of local and regional leadership roles over 12 years, ultimately serving as the divisional director of sales and marketing.
Retirement Unlimited names Jessica Ferguson corporate director of business systems
Jessica Ferguson has been promoted to corporate director of business systems at Retirement Unlimited Inc., Roanoke, VA. She joined RUI in 2019 as regional business office manager.
In her new position, Ferguson has been tasked with implementing new business systems using advanced technology to improve transactions and communications for employees, residents and families. She is responsible for providing training, oversight and guidance to the business office managers at all RUI communities throughout Virginia. She also is responsible for providing assistance in business management policy and procedures, as well as cash management oversight.
Ferguson had been with the Fralin and Waldron company since 2012 in business office positions with both RUI and RUI’s sister company, Medical Facilities of America. She has more than 12 years of experience in senior living and skilled nursing.
Claiborne Senior Living adds to management team
Dianne Moody has been named executive director at The Claiborne at Gulfport Highlands in Gulfport, MS, and Amber Potter has been named regional director of sales, Claiborne Senior Living of Hattiesburg, MS, announced.
Moody, who will oversee the community’s strategic direction and daily operations, comes to The Claiborne with more than a decade of experience in senior living. She has been an executive director, assistant executive director and business office manager at Discovery Senior Living. She also has a certificate in dementia care from the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
Potter formerly held a series of increasingly responsible sales management positions at Enlivant Senior Living, where she most recently was national director of sales. She now oversees sales operations at communities in Mississippi and Louisiana.
NCAL elects board of directors
Helen Crunk of Nebraska is continuing as chair of the National Center for Assisted Living Board of Directors for the 2020/2021 term. Deborah Meade, a 2020 McKnight’s Women of Distinction Hall of Fame inductee, continues as chair of the American Health Care Association Board of Governors.
Crunk and Meade made history in 2019 when, for the first time ever, both NCAL and AHCA boards became simultaneously headed by women.
The NCAL board of directors welcomed newcomers Todd Dockerty, CEO of Dockerty Health Care Services; Stacy Hejda, vice president of regulatory compliance at Assisted Living Partners; and American Society of Health Care Administration Executives Vice President Jessie Samples of the Tennessee Health Care Association.
In addition to Crunk, of Pemberly Place in Nebraska, the 2020-2021 NCAL Board of Directors includes:
- Gerald Hamilton of BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque (New Mexico), vice chair
- Mark Maxfield of The Cottages (Idaho), secretary/treasurer
- Patricia Giorgio of Evergreen Estates (Iowa), immediate past chair
- John Bolduc of Odd Fellows’ and Rebekahs’ Home of Maine (Maine), at-large representative
- Rod Burkett of Gardant Management Solutions (Illinois), at-large representative
- Megan Campbell of IntegraCare Corp. (Pennsylvania), at-large representative
- Sue Coppola of Sunrise Senior Living (Virginia), at-large representative
- Ana de la Cerda of Aegis Living (Washington), at-large representative
- Todd Dockerty of Dockerty Health Care Services (Michigan), at-large representative
- Darryl Fisher of Mission Senior Living (Nevada), at-large representative
- Denis German of Medicalodges (Kansas), at-large representative
- Stacy Hejda of Assisted Living Partners (Iowa), at-large representative
- Barbara Mitchell of Magnolia Manor (Georgia), at-large representative
- Sean Mockbee of Sunshine Village (Arizona), at-large representative
- Gail Sheridan of Tealwood Care Centers Inc. (Minnesota), at-large representative
- Sara Silva of Avamere Health Services (Oregon), at-large representative
- Elizabeth Wheatley of Five Star Senior Living Inc. (Arizona), at-large representative
- Doug Farmer of Colorado Health Care Association (Colorado), state affiliate representative
- David Voepel of Arizona Health Care Association (Arizona), state affiliate representative
- Shawn Scott of Medline Industries (Illinois), ABM representative
Ex-officio members on the NCAl board of directors include Meade as AHCA chair and Phil Fogg of Marquis Companies (Oregon) as AHCA vice chair, as well as Samples.
“This year’s NCAL board incorporates leaders from across the nation that will go above and beyond to help our assisted living members succeed,” NCAL Executive Director Scott Tittle said in a statement. “Now more than ever, we need strong individuals to lead us in this fight against COVID-19, and this group is prepared to do just that.”
The NCAL board of directors is elected by current members of the NCAL board and by NCAL state leaders.
Jeffrey Ross joins Draper and Kramer as senior vice president
Jeffrey Ross has been named senior vice president and chief underwriter for Federal Housing Administration/Housing and Urban Development financing in Chicago-based Draper and Kramer’s commercial finance group.
A 30-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry, Ross will be responsible for the FHA/HUD loans for third-party clients acquiring multifamily senior housing and healthcare properties, as well as Draper and Kramer’s own multifamily acquisitions and developments.
Before joining Draper and Kramer, Ross was senior vice president and chief FHA underwriter for Arbor Realty Trust and director of FHA screening with Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital. Prior to that, he was chief operating officer and chief underwriter for Great Lakes Financial Group, a commercial lender that specializes in FHA and Freddie Mac financing. He also previously was finance director for the Jacobs Group and as manager for EY.
Ross has an undergraduate degree in business administration from John Carroll University, University Heights, OH, and an MBA degree from Baldwin Wallace University, Berea, OH.