Six former Brookdale Senior Living communities in New York now are being operated under Post Acute Partners’ subsidiary Elderwood.
“We’re looking forward to working with our new staff, providing great service to the residents now in our care and to welcoming new residents to these great facilities,” Jeff Rubin, DMD, co-CEO of Elderwood and co-owner of Post Acute Partners, said in a statement issued Thursday, when Elderwood assumed operations.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. When asked for details on Friday, a Brookdale spokeswoman told McKnight’s Senior Living, “We are pleased with the transaction and will be sharing more in our quarterly earnings.”
Elderwood said it has extended offers of employment to more than 250 former Brookdale employees at the six locations.
Elderwood’s portfolio now includes 15 assisted living / adult home, 18 skilled nursing and two independent living communities in the Northeast, primarily in New York but also in Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
The communities are located in the Buffalo, Rochester, Binghamton and Albany, NY, metropolitan areas:
- The former Brookdale Bassett Road, an 83-unit assisted living community with 22 memory care units in Williamsville, NY, is now Elderwood Village at Bassett Park.
- The former Brookdale Bassett Park, a 76-unit assisted living community in Williamsville, NY, is now Elderwood Village at St. Gregory Court.
- The former Brookdale Fairport, a 77-unit assisted living community in Fairport, NY, is now Elderwood Village at Fairport.
- The former Brookdale West Side Rochester, a 72-unit assisted living community in Greece, NY, is now Elderwood Village at Greece.
- The former Brookdale Vestal East, a 166-unit assisted living community in Vestal, NY, is now Elderwood Village at Vestal.
- The former Brookdale Colonie, a 94-unit assisted living community in Colonie, NY, is now Elderwood Village at Colonie.
The communities reportedly opened in the 1970s through the 1990s.