(Credit: Luis Alvarez / Getty Images)
Twenty senior living professionals from an array of large and small operators have now graduated from Argentum’s inaugural Leadership Advancement & Development program after completing a year of training and education to support their career goals.
The select group of senior living professionals from the regional and corporate levels were nominated by senior living executives. Participants spent a chaotic year during the pandemic completing a capstone team project in small groups, developing research or best practices. Those projects were in critical areas of senior living, including disaster preparedness, occupancy and quality, that will be shared with other members.
“This diverse and exceptional group proved their abilities during a difficult year,” Argentum President and CEO James Balda said. “They brought value to the industry as a whole while advancing their own skills and careers.”
The inaugural LEAD cohort included:
- Jonathan Barbieri, Inspirit Senior Living
- Manuela “Ella” Barney, Five Star Senior Living
- Cassondra Blair, Heather Haley and Erin Rohrbacher, Integral Senior Living
- Zachary Butcher, Brookdale Senior Living
- Jennifer Deal and Lennon Pukowsky, Brandywine Living
- Natasha Drake and Sundeep Jeste, Solvere Senior Living
- Ronda Duckworth, Commonwealth Senior Living
- Serina Durrah, Phoenix Senior Living
- Kari Hummel and Rick Westermann, LCS
- Heidi LaVanway, Discovery Management
- Shane Ness, Michelle Shinn and Christy Van Der Westhuizen, MBK Senior Living Communities
- Brittney Thoreson, Knute Nelson
- Victoria Vetter, The Arbor Co.
Argentum launched the leadership development initiative in early 2020. Participants had access to Argentum resources, including committees and executive roundtable networks, membership in the Senior Living Works Ambassador program, access to a one-day “Disney’s Approach to Leadership Excellence” program at the Disney Institute, and opportunities to interact with industry leaders at events, including Argentum’s Public Policy Institute, Senior Living Executive Conference and Senior Living Symposium.
The first cohort of professionals was celebrated this week at Argentum’s Senior Living Leadership Summit, held in Florida.
Details about the nomination process for the 2022 LEAD cohort will be announced on the Argentum website in the new year.