Three senior living organizations changed places within the top 10 on the 2019 LeadingAge Ziegler 200 list of largest not-for-profit multi-site senior living providers compared with 2018, but both lists include the same 10 operators.
Specialty investment bank Ziegler on Friday released the top 10 organizations ranked on the list in its Z-News e-newsletter, with the full ranking of 200 organizations set for release “in the next few weeks,” said Cathy Owen, Ziegler’s vice president of senior living research.
“This year’s report will show that not-for-profit senior living providers have grown primarily through expansion within existing campuses as well as affiliations, mergers and acquisitions,” she said. “Nearly 30% of the total number of units for all senior living systems in the LZ 200 are represented by the 10 largest providers.”
The providers in the top four and the No. 6, 9 and 10 positions remained the same in 2019 as in 2018.
Ascension Living moved from No. 8 in 2018 to No. 5 in 2019, Covenant Retirement Communities moved from No. 5 to No. 7, and HumanGood moved from No. 7 to No. 8.
The 10 largest not-for-profit multi-site senior living organizations:
- National Senior Campuses – Catonsville, MD
- The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society – Sioux Falls, SD
- Acts Retirement Services, Inc. – West Point, PA
- Presbyterian Homes and Services – Roseville, MN
- Ascension Living – St. Louis, MO (was No. 8 on the 2018 list)
- Trinity Health Senior Communities – Livonia, MI
- Covenant Retirement Communities – Skokie, IL (was No. 5 on the 2018 list)
- HumanGood – Pleasanton, CA (was No. 7 on the 2018 list)
- Benedictine Health System – Duluth, MN
- Retirement Housing Foundation – Long Beach, CA
Data used to compile the list are current as of Dec. 31, 2018.
The full report also will include lists of the 150 largest not-for-profit single-site providers and the 100 largest affordable housing providers in the United States.