Twenty-seven assisted living communities have earned the 2017 Silver – Achievement in Quality Award this year from the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living. That’s triple the number of recipients from last year’s total of nine, which at the time was the highest number of Silver Awards that had been given to assisted living communities since the program’s inception in 1996.
The award is the second of three progressive distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award program, which is based on the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. At the Silver level, members develop and demonstrate effective approaches that help improve performance and healthcare outcomes.
“These organizations have done an outstanding job adhering to the rigorous demands of the Baldrige criteria and have demonstrated an effective approach to improving quality performance,” Alana Wolfe, chairwoman of the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Board of Overseers, said in a statement.
This year’s Silver Award recipients now can advance in developing approaches that meet the criteria required for the Gold – Excellence in Quality Award, which recognizes superior performance in leadership, strategic planning and customer and staff satisfaction.
Four organizations account for 19 of the 27 assisted living communities that received Silver Awards this year. Sunrise Senior Living has the most communities on the list, with 10. The Goodman Group manages four communities on the list, Prestige operates three and the Good Samaritan Society has two.
The 27 award-winning communities (listed alphabetically by state):
- Prestige Assisted Living at Claremont, Lake Havasu City, AZ
- The Carlisle (Sunrise Senior Living), San Francisco
- Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster, Lancaster, CA
- Sunrise of Fair Oaks, Fair Oaks, CA
- Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody (Sunrise Senior Living), Atlanta
- The Kensington (Agemark), Fort Madison, IA
- Sunrise of Severna Park, Severna Park, MD
- Belle Oakes Living Center, Lake City, MI
- Country View Senior Living Community (Tealwood), Walnut Grove, MN
- St. Crispin Living Community (Benedictine Health System), Red Wing, MN
- The Villa at Valle Vista (Welcov Healthcare), Lewistown, MT
- Westpark Village Senior Living Community (The Goodman Group), Billings, MT
- Good Samaritan Society – Linden View, Syracuse, NE
- The Landing at Williamsburg Village (Immanuel), Lincoln, NE
- Stone Hearth Estates, Gothenburg, NE
- Villa Assisted Living (Good Samaritan Society – Hastings Village), Hastings, NE
- Kingsway Manor Assisted Living, Schenectady, NY
- Sunrise of Holbrook, Holbrook, NY
- West Hills Village (The Goodman Group), Portland, OR
- Sunrise of Dresher, Dresher, PA
- Sunrise of Paoli, Malvern, PA
- Sunrise of Presque Isle Bay, Erie, PA
- The Inn on Westport (The Goodman Group), Sioux Falls, SD
- Sunrise of Leesburg, Leesburg, VA
- Sunrise of Springfield, Springfield, VA
- Prestige Assisted Living at Hazel Dell, Vancouver, WA
- Summer Hill Senior Living (The Goodman Group), Oak Harbor, WA
In addition to the 27 Silver Awards earned by assisted living communities, AHCA/NCAL also announced 164 Silver Awards earned by skilled nursing centers.
The organization announced the 523 skilled nursing and assisted living recipients of its Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award on June 1. That foundational-level award assesses an organization’s mission, vision and key factors that lead to success.
A full list of Silver and Bronze award recipients is available on the AHCA/NCAL Quality Award website. Gold Award recipients for 2017 will be announced next month.
All of the awards will be presented to recipients Oct. 17 at AHCA/NCAL’s 68th Annual Convention & Expo in Las Vegas.
The program is sponsored by AHCA/NCAL associate business members First Quality, National Research Corp. and Team TSI Corp.