Las Vegas — Ashley Blankenship of Arkansas was elected chair of the National Center for Assisted Living Board of Directors for 2017-2018 Wednesday at the American Health Care Association/NCAL 68th Annual Convention. Other officers and board members were named, too.
“We are proud of this group of thoughtful leaders who bring their insight and diverse experience to the table at a time of incredible growth and change for assisted living,” NCAL Executive Director Scott Tittle said. “We look forward to our new board leading the assisted living profession successfully forward into the future.”
Blankenship is the owner and vice president of operations at Southridge Village Assisted Living, which operates four assisted living facilities in Arkansas. She was elected to NCAL’s Board in 2010 and held the roles of vice chair, secretary/treasurer, and at-large representative. She also co-chaired the Independent Owner Assisted Living Council and chaired the Risk Management Work Group.
Additional officers named to the board:
- Helen Crunk of Nebraska, vice chair
- Gerald Hamilton of New Mexico, secretary/treasurer
- Chris Mason of Oregon, immediate past chair
- Rod Burkett of Illinois
- David Chensvold of Iowa
- Lee Field of Washington
- Denise German of Kansas
- Steven Heaney of New Jersey
- Jay Leo of Oregon
- Mark Maxfield of Idaho
- Ed McMahon of Virginia
- Sean Mockbee of Arizona
- Mike Pochowski of New Jersey
- Travis Romano of Massachusetts
- Mary Savoy of Washington, D.C.
- Gail Sheridan of Minnesota
Also on the board:
- Veronica Sharpe of Washington, D.C., ASHCAE vice president
- Heath Boddy of Nebraska, ASHCAE representative
- Shawn Scott of Medline Industries, ABM representative
As the new chair of the American Health Care Association Board of Governors, Michael Wylie of Pennsylvania also serves as an ex-officio member on the NCAL Board.
“Our mission to improve lives by providing solutions for quality care is more important than ever, and our field will benefit from Michael and Ashley’s guidance,” AHCA/NCAL President and CEO Mark Parkinson said.
The NCAL Board of Directors is elected by current members of the NCAL board and by NCAL state leaders or the NCAL state leader’s proxy.