San Juan Capistrano, CA-based Ensign Group announced skilled nursing and senior living acquisitions in four states, which were effective July 1, in a flurry of press releases Wednesday.
The transactions bring Ensign’s portfolio to 258 healthcare operations, 26 of which also include senior living operations, across 13 states. Ensign subsidiaries, including Standard Bearer, now own 105 real estate assets, the organization said.
In Texas, the Ensign Group acquired operations of five skilled nursing facilities:
- The Eden of Las Colinas, a 118-bed SNF in Irving, TX;
- Pleasant Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, a 124-bed SNF in Garland, TX;
- Millbrook Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, a 124-bed SNF in Lancaster, TX;
- McKinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, a 125-bed SNF in McKinney, TX; and
- Park Manor Bee Cave, a 140-bed SNF in Bee Cave, TX.
The acquisition of The Eden of Las Colinas also included the real estate at the facility, which was acquired by a subsidiary of Standard Bearer Healthcare REIT, Ensign’s captive real estate investment trust, which was announced in October and formed Jan. 3. The four other acquisitions will be subject to a long-term triple-net lease.
“These acquisitions are a perfect fit and will serve to strengthen our existing operational markets and clusters in Texas,” Ensign CEO Barry Port stated in a press release.
Standard Bearer also bought three SNFs in California:
- Premier Care Center of Palm Springs, a 99-bed SNF in Palm Springs, CA, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of Ensign;
- Brookside Healthcare Center, a 97-bed SNF in Redlands, CA, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of Ensign; and
- Broadway Villa Post Acute, a 138-bed SNF in Sonoma, CA.
“These operations are ones Ensign has operated for a number of years. Each of these operations have been strong contributors to our operational success, and will now add meaningful value to our growing real estate portfolio,” Port said.
The Ensign Group also entered the southern Nevada market with the acquisition of the operations of Henderson Health and Rehabilitation, a 266-ned SNF in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson.
“This facility represents a fantastic growth opportunity in Las Vegas, both in the short-term and the long term,” said Tyler Hoopes, president of Pennant Healthcare, Ensign’s Nevada-based subsidiary.
Additionally, The Ensign Group expanded its Tucson, AZ, portfolio with the addition of the real estate and operations of Villa Maria Post Acute and Rehabilitation, a 65-bed SNF; Villa Maria Wellness Living, a 31-bed assisted living community; and Tucson Recovery at Villa Maria, a 30-bed behavioral health unit.“We are very excited to add this community to the Tucson market, where we have carefully looked for growth opportunity for some time,” Port said. “As always, we are also very pleased this opportunity included real estate to add to Standard Bearer’s growing portfolio.”