Murfreesboro, TN-based National Health Investors said Friday that it had collected 96.9% of its contractual rent in July. The remaining 3.1% has been deferred or uncollected. That’s compared with a 99.4% collection rate in June and 100% in May and April.

The real estate investment trust also summarized its average occupancy rates from its three largest senior housing operators: Bickford Senior Living, Holiday Retirement and Senior Living Communities. 

Holiday’s 26 properties reported the biggest drop in average occupancy, falling to 82.3% in June compared with 87.3% in the first quarter. Within its 46 Bickford properties, NHI reported an 82% occupancy rate last  month versus 95.2% in the first quarter. SLC’s nine properties were down to 79% occupancy, compared with 80.4% at the end of the first quarter.