More than a half dozen home care-related organizations lauded draft federal regulations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices that would give home care workers priority in receiving COVID-19 vaccinations.
“Prioritizing vaccinations for our frontline healthcare staff and the high needs individuals we serve will be critical,” said the correspondence.
Home health aides, hospice aides, personal care aides, home care workers, direct support professionals, nurses, therapists and social workers care for more than 12 million home-bound care recipients. Tens of thousands of these patients have active COVID-19 infections, the letter noted.
Signatories to the letter:
- American Network of Community Options and Resources
- Council of State Home Care & Hospice Associations
- Home Care Association of America
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Partnership for Medicaid Home-Based Care
- Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare