You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers.
Q: How do I increase move-ins?
A: Referrals from existing residents are a leading source of leads and move-ins. That’s because seniors trust and listen to their peers.
Here’s one way to do it:
Invite about 12 articulate residents and several immediate family members for a discussion session. Tell them the meeting will last about 90 minutes and they will be discussing how they went through the decision process to move to your community.
A typical example of group discussion of financial issues include:
- First reaction when you discussed pricing?
- How did it initially compare with your current cost of living?
- Your initial reaction regarding pricing versus affordability versus value?
- Did it change during your decision process?
- How do you now define the “value” of your community?
- Were you concerned about future monthly fee increases (then and now)?
- Did you have to reduce your current savings portfolio, or did you use some of your newly acquired home sale proceeds?
- Do you now consider living here a sound financial planning decision? Why?
Consider recording the session and create a 12- to 15-minute DVD as an innovative sales and marketing asset. You likely will be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Jim Moore runs a national senior housing and healthcare consulting firm based in Fort Worth, TX. He has written several books about assisted living and senior housing, including Assisted Living Strategies for Changing Markets.