McKnight’s Senior Living has won two Platinum Awards and five additional awards in the 2018 Hermes Creative Awards competition.
The international contest, which is administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, recognizes work completed in 2017 by creative professionals involved in the conceptualizing, writing or design of both traditional materials and emerging technologies.
McKnight’s Senior Living received Platinum Awards, the highest honor, in the Business-to-Business Website category, for McKnightsSeniorLiving.com, and in the Blog-Writing category.
Named on the website award were Editorial Director John O’Connor, Senior Editor Lois A. Bowers and Art Director Mark Speakman. In the blog, titled “ADA Compliance: Will You be the Next One Sued?” Bowers shared tips from design and architectural experts on how senior living operators could meet residents’ accessibility needs in a compliant way.
McKnight’s Senior Living won an additional five awards in the competition, including two Gold Awards and three honorable mentions:
- “Fire Safety Advice From The Pros” earned a Gold Award in the Blog-Writing category. For the column, Bowers interviewed two fire safety experts and shared other resources to help readers who may have needed to re-examine their emergency preparedness plans in the wake of two major fires at senior living communities.
- “Breaking Free of Industry Stereotypes” also received a Gold Award in the Blog-Writing category. In the column, Bowers wrote that a lauded commercial that went viral via social and traditional media served as another wake-up call to the senior living industry.
- McKnight’s Senior Living magazine won an honorable mention in the Publication Overall category. O’Connor, Bowers and Speakman were named.
- The registration page for the 2017 McKnight’s Senior Living Online Expo earned Speakman an honorable mention in the Web Landing Page category.
- An overview eblast about the McKnight’s Senior Living Online Expo earned Speakman an honorable mention in the Email Blast category.
Sister publication McKnight’s Long-Term Care News also earned seven Hermes Awards this year.