Independent living, assisted living and life plan communities (also known as continuing care retirement communities, or CCRCs) were among the 55+ housing types recognized Tuesday at the National Association of Home Builders’ 2018 Best of 55+ Housing Awards.
The ceremony, honoring excellence and innovation in the design, development, lifestyle and marketing of communities and homes that appeal to the mature market, were bestowed during the 2018 NAHB International Builders’ Show in Orlando, FL.
Some of the gold award winners in the competition:
- Best 55+ Assisted Living or Special Needs Community: LivGenerations Ahwatukee, Phoenix. Developer: Investment Property Associates; Builder: Clark Wayland; Architect: Todd & Associates; Interior designer: Thoma-Holec Design; Marketing firm: Retirement Community Specialists.
- Best 55+ Assisted living/Special Needs Community, On the Boards (under development): Merrill Gardens at West Covina, West Covina, CA. Developer: Pillar Properties; Builder: SRM; Development architect: Urbal Architecture.
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community: Watermere at Frisco, Frisco, TX. Developer: Integrated Real Estate Group; Builder: Integrated Construction & Development; Architect: Arrive Architecture; Group interior designer: Henderson Design Studio
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community, On the Boards: Ovation at Mountain Falls, Pahrump, NV. Builder: William Lyon Homes; Architect: KTGY Architecture + Planning.
- Best 55+ Life Plan Community: Carolina Bay at Autumn Hall, Wilmington, NC. Developer: Liberty Development / Liberty Senior Living; Builder: Brasfield & Gorrie; Thomas Construction (JV); Architect, interior designer and marketing firm: LS3P.
- Best 55+ Life Plan Community, On the Boards: Lakewood Manor, Richmond, VA. Developer: Greenbrier; Development; Builder: W M Jordan; Architect: THW Design.
Additionally, Overture Virginia Bay, an active-adult community in Virginia Beach, VA, was recognized as the Best 55+ Community of the Year. The developer was Greystar, the builder was Clancy & Theys, the architect was Poole & Poole Architecture, the interior designer was studioSIX5 and the marketing firm was Greystar.
This year’s Best of 55+ Housing Awards program was sponsored by RMF, BSB Design, KTGY Architecture + Planning, Builders Design and Panasonic Eco Solutions.
See the NAHB website for gold award winners in additional categories and all silver award winners.