The standard deadline for the new McKnight’s Pinnacle Awards is Thursday, Oct. 20.
Entries received by midnight ET on that day will have a $199 entry fee. Nominations received after Oct. 20 and by midnight Thursday, Oct. 27, will have an entry fee of $249.
The Pinnacle Awards program — a joint effort of sister media brands McKnight’s Senior Living, McKnight’s Long-Term Care News and McKnight’s Home Care — will recognize industry veterans who are setting new standards, driving change, providing guidance and inspiring others in the industry. Professionals with at least 20 years of experience who still are active in the senior living, skilled nursing, or home care and hospice fields are eligible to be nominated by others. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
The program offers multiple awards across several tracks.
- Senior living (independent living, assisted living, memory care and/or continuing care retirement/life plan community) — for-profit
- Senior living (independent living, assisted living, memory care and/or continuing care retirement/life plan community) — nonprofit
- Skilled nursing — for-profit
- Skilled nursing — nonprofit
- Home care / home health / hospice — for-profit and nonprofit
The awards categories:
- Setting the Standard Award
- Agent of Change Award
- Inspiration Award
- Thought Leader Award
- Unsung Hero Award
Awards also will given in these two categories, which cover all tracks:
- Industry Ally (for elected officials, high-level government administrators, trade group members, analysts, influential academics or researchers, other thought leaders, etc.)
- Business Partner (for vendors/sponsors that have helped move the sector forward)
In addition, one Career Achievement Award will be bestowed, as determined by program organizers.
Finalists will be announced on Dec. 1. Winners will be recognized at an in-person event in March, the details of which will be announced at a later date.
For more information about the awards, see the entry kit. Nominate someone here.