American HealthTech’s new Assisted Living Solution is designed to help providers navigate the technology challenges of caring for seniors who move across the spectrum of care, from assisted living to skilled nursing facilities and everything in between. It combines AHT’s skilled nursing electronic health records system with Medtelligent’s offering for assisted living.
“The senior care landscape is challenging facility owners with changing ownership models, shifting reimbursement models and the aging of America’s population,” AHT president Teresa Chase said in a statement. “The Medtelligent products add strength to our AHT technology solutions and give our clients superior clinical and financial management tools across a wider landscape of care facilities.”
The technology enables owners and managers of continuing care retirement / life plan communities and other senior living settings to:
- Provide accurate, detailed electronic care records for older adults as they move among assisted living, SNFs, CCRCs, rehabilitation centers and more; and
- Provide financial management and workflow tools for all post-acute senior care facilities.
American HealthTech has more than 3,300 SNFs as clients, whereas Medtelligent specializes in the assisted living industry and operates in 31 states.
“The product sets of our two companies blend perfectly across care settings because of AHT’s proven strength in skilled nursing and Medtelligent’s solutions and depth of experience in the assisted living and memory care industries,” said Medtelligent CEO John Shafaee. “Clients will enjoy solutions purposefully built for their environment with an integrated data platform.”
The companies said that customers of the AHT/Medtelligent partnership will experience several key payoffs, regardless of their care settings:
- Accurate and up-to-date clinical care records for each resident;
- Medication documentation, management and accuracy;
- Revenue cycle management and workflow efficiencies for admissions, billing and care transitions;
- Web-based solutions that deliver real-time resident information via mobile devices; and
- Integrated care-planning technology for the resident and interdisciplinary team.