Sept. 15 is the fourth annual National Second Wind Dreams Day, during which the nonprofit Second Wind Dreams will team with elder care communities, home health agencies and senior advisers to turn dreams into reality for many older adults. The day also will celebrate individuals, community groups and corporate partners who make the dreams come true.
Registered Second Wind Dreams members will host a variety of celebratory events that include dream fulfillment, dream parties and activities. The day also will include dream discovery events, which seek out older adults and their dreams and begin making them come true.
National Second Wind Dreams Day events:
- Victor will serve ice cream again with Atlanta Ice Cream Truck, Smyrna, GA
- Doug will ride a motorcycle again, Duncansville, PA
- Frances will receive a makeover, sponsored by Caesars Entertainment Volunteers, Las Vegas
- A former military pilot will return to the sky, Mountain Home, AR
- Brothers will visit their hometown, traveling together from Jonesboro, GA, to Spindale, NC
- Brenda will enjoy a beauty dream day by Home Health Hair, Atlanta
- A nursing home will create a carnival for its residents, Bethlehem, PA
- A senior appreciation luncheon will be hosted by Caesars Entertainment, Atlantic City, NJ
See this online list for participants’ names.