After releasing a “sneak peek” at the top 10 providers in September, LeadingAge and Ziegler have released the full LeadingAge Ziegler 200 compilation of the country’s largest not-for-profit senior living multi-site organizations, government-subsidized housing multi-sites and single campuses.
As McKnight’s Senior Living previously reported, National Senior Campuses, Catonsville, MD, topped the list of largest not-for-profit multi-site senior living providers based on total independent living units, assisted living units and nursing care beds. The organization also ranks as the largest multi-site senior living providers ranked by total market-rate and affordable units / beds in the latest list.
Here’s a look at some other rankings from the full report:
- Largest not-for-profit multi-site independent living provider (by number of units): National Senior Campuses, Catonsville, MD
- Largest not-for-profit multi-site assisted living provider: Presbyterian Homes and Services, Roseville, MN
- Largest not-for-profit affordable housing provider: National Church Residences, Columbus, OH
- Greatest increase in units from last year’s publication to this year: Ascension Senior Living, St. Louis, MO, 3,098 units
- Greatest decrease in units from last year’s publication to this year: The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, Sioux Falls, SD, 786 units
- Greatest upward change in rank from last year’s list to this year’s list: Brazos Presbyterian Homes, Houston, TX, up 65 places, from 196 in 2018 to 131 in 2019
- Greatest downward change from last year’s list to this year’s list: Morningside Ministries, San Antonio, TX, down 39 places from 99 to 138.
- State with the most independent living facilities on the LZ 200: Minnesota
- State with the most assisted living facilities on the LZ 200: Minnesota
- State with the most continuing care retirement / life plan communities on the LZ 200: Pennsylvania
Data used to compile the list are current as of Dec. 31, 2018. The complete report is available on Ziegler’s website.