Thirty-two million baby boomers — 42% of the group whose members currently are aged 51 to 70 years — will be selling their homes in the coming years, and 42% of them plan to downsize.
That’s according to Metrostudy, which recently crunched data from the Farnsworth Group, the Demand Institute and Freddie Mac.
Five top markets where baby boomer home sales are taking place, according to Metrostudy:
- Miami–Fort Lauderdale–West Palm Beach, FL
- New York–Newark–Jersey City, NY–NJ–PA
- Las Vegas–Henderson–Paradise, NV
- Denver–Aurora–Lakeland, CO
- Phoenix–Mesa–Scottsdale, AZ
See the Metrostudy.com infographic below and at the link in this sentence for additional information. Also see “Affordability, amenities top influencers of future moves for those 55+”