The LeadingAge Center for Aging Services Technologies has released a new portfolio of tools designed to help organizations select functional assessment and activity monitoring technology.
“Functional assessment and activity monitoring technologies help aging-services providers become proactive in identifying clients’ needs, deliver services accordingly, and support and even prolong independence” said Majd Alwan, Ph.D., LeadingAge senior vice president for technology and executive director of CAST. “This tool allows organizations to select the solutions that best fit their setting, requirements and their clients’ needs and preferences.”
The portfolio includes:
- A whitepaper that helps organizations understand the range of issues surrounding functional assessment and activity monitoring technology and outlines technology solutions available in the marketplace, as well as their uses and benefits.
- A product selection matrix and online selection tool. The matrix compares 17 different products from 15 vendors (see below). The selection tool helps operators identify the appropriate functional assessment and activity monitoring technology products that fit their settings and offer their “must-have” features.
- A case study that provides a real-life example of how one community improved efficiency and reduced falls and pressure ulcers through functional assessment technology.
- BAM Labs Inc.
- Care Innovations, an Intel-GE company
- CarePredict Inc.
- GrandCare Systems
- IDEEA by MiniSun
- Keystone Technologies
- Kinesis Health Technologies
- RF Technologies
- StepWatch by modus
- Vigil Health Solutions