A key to retention
IntegraCare's third Continued Attendance Rewards program drawing was held Tuesday live on Facebook. (See photo IDs below.)
Fifteen-year IntegraCare employee Jeannie Stack was the lucky winner of the grand prize, a new Ford Focus, in the company's third Continued Attendance Rewards program drawing, held Tuesday live on Facebook.
CAR prizes are available to hourly, non-management workers based on attendance. Stack is a housekeeper in IntegraCare's Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone senior living community in Tyrone, PA.
“We ask our residents and their family members to encourage our team and help make our communities better places to work, which in turn makes it a better place to live,” said IntegraCare CEO Richard Irwin. “What better way for us to set an example than to provide an incentive contest in which our team members have a chance to win a new car?”
Employees at 10 IntegraCare communities received vouchers based on perfect attendance during each pay period in 2017 and were entered into the contest. In addition to the car, three other prizes were presented at each community:
- A 55-inch television, a one-year subscription to Netflix and one week of paid vacation.
- A laptop computer and printer, Microsoft Office software and one week of paid vacation.
- An iPad, an Amazon Prime membership and one week of paid vacation.
“The CAR program enabled us to put an impactful spotlight on our many dedicated team members who work so hard to improve the lives of our residents,” said IntegraCare President and COO Loriann Putzier. “The incentive program made an ‘everyday' routine such as coming to work just a bit more exciting.”
The program, according to the company, has had several positive effects:
- The number of IntegraCare employees with perfect attendance increased 46% in 2017 compared with the previous year.
- Turnover in the first 90 days of the year, which IntegraCare identified as a critical period that factors significantly into employee retention, was down by almost 10% in 2017 from 2016.
- IntegraCare's overall annual turnover decreased 12% in 2017 from the previous year.
- 70% of IntegraCare communities saw a drop in overall turnover percentage in 2017.
- The largest drop in overall turnover was 77% in the community where the CAR program winner worked last year.
- 60% of IntegraCare communities saw employee satisfaction improve or remain steady from 2016 to 2017.
Read more about the program here.
Pictured above: From left: IntegraCare Director of Operations, Western Region, Michael Cherry; 2018 CAR winner Jeannie Stack; Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone Acting Executive Director Miranda Coulter and IntegraCare Executive Director of Sales and Marketing Eric Walker.
Watch the Facebook video in which IntegraCare announced this year's winner live below.
Click here to see the In Focus archive and read how to submit your photos for consideration.