Largest senior living providers named by Argentum
Brookdale once again tops a list of the largest senior living providers. The September/October issue of Argentum's Senior Living Executive magazine includes its 2016 list of the top 100 providers.
The top 10 companies on the list, all of which provide independent living, assisted living and memory care:
- Brookdale, based in Brentwood, TN, with the capacity for 101,965 residents, 1,123 communities and 82,243 employees.
- Holiday Retirement, based in Lake Oswego, OR, with the capacity for 37,645 residents, 308 communities and 11,398 employees.
- Life Care Services, based in Des Moines, IA, with the capacity for 28,220 residents and 140 communities (number of employee not reported).
- Five Star Senior Living, based in Newton, MA, with the capacity for 26,252 residents, 243 communities and 24,925 employees.
- Sunrise Senior Living, based in McLean, VA, with the capacity for 25,585 residents, 252 communities and 26,545 employees.
- Erickson Living, based in Catonsville, MD, with the capacity for 24,102 residents, 17 communities and 13,928 employees.
- Atria Senior Living, based in Louisville, KY, with the capacity for 20,878 residents, 156 communities and 13,749 employees.
- Senior Lifestyle Corp., based in Chicago, with the capacity for 20,650 residents, 204 communities and 9,199 employees.
- Capital Senior Living Corp., based in Dallas, with the capacity for 15,800 residents and 126 communities (number of employee not reported).
- Affinity Living Group (formerly Meridian), based in Hickory, NC, with the capacity for 8,266 residents and 111 communities (number of employee not reported).
Data were self-reported in June and July, came from last year's survey or came from Dun & Bradstreet, according to Argentum. The top five providers on Argentum's list match the companies listed on the American Seniors Housing Association's recently released ASHA 50 top five operators for 2015, although some of the data differ and companies further down on the list are ranked differently.
Other highlights of the rankings provided in the issue:
- Top market for senior living: Minneapolis, with an 11% share of total inventory.
- Top independent living provider: Holiday Retirement, with the capacity for 35,769 residents.
- Top assisted living provider: Brookdale, with the capacity for 56,928 residents.
- Top memory care provider: Brookdale, with the capacity for 14,143 residents.