NAHB names finalists for 2016 Best of 55+ Housing Awards
The Watercrest of Lake Nona is a finalist in NAHB Best of 55+ Housing Awards.
The National Association of Home Builders has announced the 87 finalists for its 2016 Best of 55+ Housing Awards. Gold- and silver-level award winners will be presented Jan. 19 during the NAHB International Builders' Show in Las Vegas.
“The judges saw wonderful examples of what the mature buyer and renter is looking for, including innovative floor plans, universal design skillfully integrated into the home, communities with beautiful lifestyle amenities and homes located close to local shops, restaurants and parks,” Tim McCarthy, chairman of NAHB's 55+ Housing Industry Council and managing partner of Traditions of America in Radnor, PA, said in a statement.
Finalists were selected from entries in 41 categories representing projects, marketing efforts and lifestyle offerings related to rental and for-sale active adult housing and service-enriched housing. Four of the categories recognize individuals and firms. The judges also singled out five entries for innovation awards.
Among the finalists:
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community: Sagewood at Daybreak, South Jordan, UT; The Country Club of La Cholla, Tucson, AZ; and The Ridge at Quail Hollow, West Lebanon, NH.
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community On the Boards (under development): Pacifica Senior Arts Community, Sacramento, CA, and Wesley Palms Retirement Community, San Diego.
- Best 55+ Assisted Living / Special Needs Community: Discovery Village at Naples, Naples, FL; Kensington Sierra Madre, Sierra Madre, CA; The Oaks at Flower Mound, Flower Mound, TX; and Villa at Terracina Grand, Naples, FL.
- Best 55+ Assisted Living / Special Needs Community On the Boards: Arkansas Department of VA: New State Veterans Home, North Little Rock, AR; The Palace Gardens, Homestead, FL; and Watercrest of Lake Nona, Orlando, FL.
- Best 55+ CCRC Community: Balfour at Riverfront Park, Denver, and The Colonnade ― A Sun Health Senior Living Community, Surprise, AZ.
- Best 55+ CCRC Community On the Boards: Pebblebrook at Park Springs, Stone Mountain, GA.
See the complete list of finalists here.