NAHB names winners for 2016 Best of 55+ Housing Awards
Sagewood at Daybreak, Jordan, UT.
The National Association of Home Builders has named the Kisco Senior Living community of Sagewood at Daybreak as its 2016 Community of the Year.
The honor came as part of NAHB's 2016 Best of 55+ Housing Awards; 86 winners of gold- and silver-level awards as well as five awards for innovation were presented Jan. 19 during the NAHB International Builders' Show in Las Vegas. The annual program recognizes excellence and innovation in the design, development, lifestyle and marketing of housing that appeals to the mature market.
Located in South Jordan, UT, Sagewood at Daybreak is a part of the new Daybreak transit-oriented community, which includes a diverse mix of adjacent housing, business, recreation and medical services.
“Sagewood at Daybreak demonstrates how senior living can be seamlessly integrated into the community to connect all generations,” said Dennis Cunningham, chairman of the Best of 55+ Housing Awards and president of ActiveWest Builders in Coeur d'Alene, ID. “Plus, the state-of-the-art amenities help promote active lifestyles both at home and outside.”
Sagewood offers a full continuum of senior lifestyle options from independent living apartments to assisted living and memory care housing. Community and family-oriented amenity areas include the library, game room, a family “great room” with a children's area, and a designated art studio. Health and wellness amenities include a fitness/gym and yoga area, an indoor swimming pool and spa and a full-service salon that includes a therapeutic massage and exam room.
Kisco Senior Living was the project developer and GGLO served as the architect and interior designer.
Some of the other winners:
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community: Gold — Sagewood at Daybreak, South Jordan, UT; Silver — The Country Club of La Cholla, Tucson, AZ; and Silver — The Ridge at Quail Hollow (Summit Property Management Group), West Lebanon, NH.
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community On the Boards (under development): Gold — Wesley Palms Retirement Community (Front Porch), San Diego; and Silver — Pacifica Senior Arts Community (Pacifica Senior Living/Douglas Pancake Architects), Sacramento, CA.
- Best 55+ Assisted Living / Special Needs Community: Gold — Discovery Village at Naples (Discovery Senior Living), Naples, FL; Silver — The Kensington Sierra Madre, Sierra Madre, CA; Silver — The Oaks at Flower Mound (Civitas Senior Living), Flower Mound, TX; and Silver — Villa at Terracina Grand, Naples, FL (pictured; photo courtesy of developer and manager The Goodman Group).
- Best 55+ Assisted Living / Special Needs Community On the Boards: Gold — Arkansas Department of VA: New State Veterans Home (Perkins Eastman), North Little Rock, AR; Silver — The Palace Gardens (The Palace Group), Homestead, FL; and Silver — Watercrest of Lake Nona (Watercrest Senior Living), Orlando, FL.
- Best 55+ CCRC Community: Gold — Balfour at Riverfront Park (Balfour Senior Living), Denver, and Silver — The Colonnade (Sun Health Senior Living), Surprise, AZ.
- Best 55+ CCRC Community On the Boards: Gold — Pebblebrook at Park Springs (Park Springs Care), Stone Mountain, GA.