NAHB names winners for 2017 Best of 55+ Housing Awards
Renaissance in Sun Lakes, AZ, was named 2017 Community of the Year.
Renaissance in Sun Lakes, AZ, was named 2017 Community of the Year on Jan. 10 during the National Association of Home Builders' annual Best of 55+ Housing Awards.
The awards, honoring excellence and innovation in the design, development, lifestyle and marketing of communities and homes that appeal to the mature market, were bestowed during the 2017 NAHB International Builders' Show in Orlando, FL.
“Renaissance Luxury Living at Sun Lakes brings elegant, active senior living with a continuum of care,” said Karen Schroeder, chairwoman of the Best of 55+ Housing Awards and vice president of Mayberry Homes in Lansing, MI. “In this project, Robson Resort Communities has beautifully combined the feel of an upscale desert resort with the comforts and security that enhance seniors' ability to enjoy life to the fullest.”
Located 24 miles from Phoenix, the community has 106 units spanning independent living apartments, assisted living and memory care. Residences, according to NAHB, feature spacious floor plans, luxury finishes, no-threshold doors, motion-sensitive lighting in bathrooms, walk-in tubs and roll-in showers. A dining room with a patio and full-service bar, a large-screen movie theater designed for easy access by those using walkers and wheelchairs, a resort-style pool with cabanas and motorized lift chair, a state-of-the-art fitness center, an enclosed courtyard with gazebo and a walking path around the building's exterior all are designed to support an active, engaged lifestyle, the association noted.
Some of the gold award winners in the competition:
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community, Built: MonteCedro, Altadena, CA. Developer/builder: Episcopal Communities & Services; Architect: Perkins Eastman; Interior designer: Perkins Eastman; Marketing firm: NewLife Management & Development; PR/advertising: Bluespire Senior Living.
- Best 55+ Assisted Living / Special Needs Community, Built: Renaissance, Sun Lakes, AZ. Developer/Builder: Robson Communities; Architect: Whitneybell Perry Architects; Interior designer: Thoma Holec Design.
- Best 55+ Independent Living Community, On the Boards (under development): The Meadows at Frederick Living, Frederick, PA. Developer/builder: Wagman Construction; Architect: BartonPartners Architecture + Urban Design + Interiors Interior; Designer: BartonPartners Architecture + Urban Design + Interiors.
- Best 55+ Assisted Living or Special Needs Community, On the Boards: Griffin Plaza, Simi Valley, CA. Developer/builder: Griffin Fine Living; Architect: KTGY Architecture + Planning. This entrant also won an Innovation Award.
- Best 55+ CCRC Community, On the Boards – Market Rate For-Sale: Lakeside at La Loma, Litchfield Park, AZ. Developer/builder: Sun Health Senior Living; Architect: Swaback Partners; Marketing firm: Creating Results.
- Best 55+ CCRC Community, On the Boards – Luxury For-Sale: Peachtree Hills Place, Atlanta; Developer/builder: New South Construction; Architect: Foley Design Associates; Interior Designer: Foley Design Associates; Marketing firm: Gilbert & Sheppard Group.
See the NAHB website for gold award winners in additional categories and all silver award winners.