Medicare Rights Center updates online curriculum
The Medicare Rights Center has launched the newly redesigned Medicare Interactive Pro (MI Pro), an online curriculum designed to help professionals help residents, clients, patients, employees, retirees and others navigate questions about the Medicare program.
Building on the Medicare Rights Center's 25 years of healthcare counseling and educational experience, MI Pro offers a four-level core curriculum with four to five video-based courses in each level. Among the topics included: Medicare basics, Medicare appeals and penalties and Medicare and other insurance and assistance programs.
Special topics courses augment the core curriculum to address specific Medicare subjects in detail for users who want to develop expertise in areas such as fall open enrollment.
“MI Pro is suited to the needs of professionals from diverse fields — including human resources, financial advising, healthcare and social work — to educate themselves, train their colleagues and help their clients navigate the many nuances of Medicare,” said Joe Baker, president of the Medicare Rights Center.
MI Pro subscribers have access to:
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes.
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off.
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers.
- Review tests at the end of every course; pass the course with a grade of at least 80% and download a certificate of completion.
- Educational content vetted by a team of Medicare Rights Center experts.
- Closed captioning.
MI Pro is structured so that each course level builds on the information learned in previous levels. A free assessment places users into the appropriate course and level, and quizzes and downloadable materials accompanying each course test subscribers' knowledge.
Courses start at $20 each and group rates are available.